Tuesday 11 August 2015

Sweet Chicken Curry

This is a favourite of mine and most of the children, only my own littlest one doesn't like this. I promised one of my Mum's a while ago that I would share the recipe, so here it is. The little ones helped to cut up the sweet potatoes and carrots.


Sweet Chicken Curry
4 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, sliced
3 sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
250ml orange juice
200ml coconut milk
10ml mild curry powder
2.5ml ground ginger
2.5ml ground coriander
2.5ml ground cumin
15ml tomato puree
olive oil

Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan and fry the chicken, for a couple of minutes, then add the onion and spices, mix well until the spices coat the meat.

Add the vegetables and fry on a low heat for 5 minutes.

Add the orange juice, coconut milk and tomato puree, bring to the boil, reduce heat and cover, leave to cook on a low heat for 30 to 35 minutes, until vegetables are tender.

You can add more coconut milk if you wish but I do it this way as you only use half a tin of milk and I then freeze the other half for the next time I make this.

For a veggie version, just follow the above recipe and use a bag of quorn chunks instead.







                
                   


No comments:

Post a Comment