Wednesday 9 April 2014

Easter

We made the traditional chocolate nests with shredded wheat



and then we made some syrup crunchy cakes, as we have a variety of food allergies here.

Golden syrup Crunchy Cakes
20g sugar
80g rice krispies
25g maragarine
25g golden syrup

1- Melt the margarine, sugar and golden syrup in a pan over a low heat.
2- When melted stir into the rice krispies and spoon into some paper cases.


We had our traditional Easter egg hunt, I have had some plastic Easter eggs that I have used for many years now, it is always a big hit. They must of enjoyed it as they asked me to hide them again and again!

After lunch we decided to make the most of the lovely weather and I made up some more giant bubble mixture and we all had fun taking it in turns to blow some large bubbles.






We also spent time reading this Easter story and watched this version of the Easter story, there was lots of questions and comments as the minded children remembered some of the bits they had learnt at school. The next day I asked the children what they remembered of the Easter story. I used some story cards I printed from the twinkl website


to help them to put the Easter story in the correct order. We talked about Passover, who celebrates it and why, as well as why Palm Sundays is called Palm Sunday.

 For our Easter crafts we marbled some polystyrene eggs and I was left wondering why out of 5 children was I the only one who came away with stained fingers?


I took the children to an Easter club activity session and the made these eggs with a chick inside and some very tasty pizzas.



No comments:

Post a Comment