Tuesday 4 August 2015

More No Mess Painting

I've tried different types of no mess painting over the years, in ziploc bags, card wrapped in cling film but this has got to be the easiest and most robust that I have tried to date. I will state I have no problem with the mess that normal painting makes, it's about trying something different, seeing how paint etc moves.

Anyway last night my husband came in from work and thought I had finally lost the plot, as I was filling laminator pouches with paint and ironing them on the ironing board to seal them. I sealed two sides of the pouch, before I opened it out and poured a fair amount of paint in, then carefully lay it down and seal the other two sides with the iron on cool setting.

I had planned this activity for the babies but it wasn't long before the older ones joined in. They had fun, not just moving the paint around when the pouch was on the table, they held the pouch up and watched the paint move from one end to the other and then tipping it back the other way. Then they held them up on a sunny window and drew on them, it looked brilliant, an activity to do on a light box, me thinks. Definitely will be doing this again in the future, in the meantime, the pouches I've made will last a while.










No comments:

Post a Comment