Monday 4 July 2016

The Runaway Bunny Story Basket

I put together a story basket to go with The Runaway Bunny, I didn't put anything in for the circus part, I thought I would let the children choose/make something.


We sat and read the story , they then explored the basket and asked me to read the story as the acted it out with the props.


Bunny said he would change into a fish,


then a rock,


a crocus, I didn't have a fake or real crocus so they had to pretend with these flowers, to hide the rabbit in.



Bunny then turned into a bird,


then a boat,


at the circus with Mummy rabbit walking on the tight rope,


and then home to eat a carrot.


After lunch they decided to play Runaway Bunny, lots of swimming and mountain climbing, they then asked me to read the story again so they could remember all the parts. They had forgotten the circus and wanted to know what they could use for the tight rope and the trapeze, I suggested the swing and used one of my husband old karate belts for a tight rope, knew there was a reason I was saving a couple of them. They ended up spending ages trying to walk on it going forwards, then backwards, hopping, jumping, then walking sideways and bear walking, oh yes and star jumps on and of the rope, these were all thought up on their own with no input from me. Will have to remember this for another time as they got loads out of it, as they tried different ways of moving across the rope, lots discussion who was going first, which way they were going and how.


Followed by hair washing the Barbie dolls again, these dolls have got to have the cleanest hair in town! Love their ingenious use of the water table holes to hold their dolls so they have both hands free.



and we got see the baby birds that are nesting in our tree, we have seen two today poking their heads up above the nest, you have to look very carefully, I managed to get a picture of one.




No comments:

Post a Comment