Friday, 12 July 2013


Well M and I have had a lovely couple of days sewing, having sorted out the fabric scraps for the patches on the tent the other day, I decided we could use some of the fabric to make some bunting, something I've wanted to do for a while. So today we did and we are very happy with the results.

My triangles were 20cm wide by 22cm high, that seemed a nice size once you have sewn the seams. We made just over 3 metres of bunting.

We spent a while deciding which fabric and in which order they would use, which took a while as L  liked to take pieces of fabric to play with.

We then cut out 2 triangles in each fabric

and sewed them together along the long edges, don't sew across the base as you need to turn them inside out.

M busy sewing, she really has got the hang of sewing nice straight lines.

We then pressed each triangle and then pinned them to some bias binding,we used some that was 25mm wide and spaced the triangles 3cm apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment