The children and I enjoyed collecting some leaves and then printing with them. Well some printed others where happy just to paint their leaves.
I have had a couple of attempts of trying to adapt a fruit cake recipe to eggless, with varying degrees of success, this time I decided to try and boil the fruit, it worked and I am very happy with the results. It's great to have another recipe I can make with L as she loves to cook and help out in the kitchen. I've used oat milk but if no one has a dairy allergy then normal milk will be fine.
Eggless Fruit Cake
125g soft brown sugar
125ml oat milk
350g plain flour
5ml mixed spice
zest of one orange
5ml bicarbonate of soda.
- Cream together the sugar and margarine.
- Gradually add milk and flour and mixed spice, alternating a spoonful of flour and then some milk.
- Add dried fruit and zest of orange.
- In a small pot mix the vinegar and bicarbonate of soda together, it will fizz, add it straight to the other ingredients while it's still fizzing and mix everything together.
- Place in cake tin, bake at gas 2 for about 2 hours